The Wonderlic test is a cognitive ability assessment that employers commonly use to measure an individual’s intelligence and problem-solving abilities. As a nursing candidate, you can increase your chances of success by following these tips:
- Familiarize yourself with the test format. The Wonderlic test is a timed test that consists of 50 multiple-choice questions. You have 12 minutes to complete the test, so work quickly and efficiently.
- Take Wonderlic Prep tests. One of the best ways to prepare is to take practice tests. This will help you get a feel for the types of questions and improve your test-taking skills.
- Develop good test-taking strategies. Work more efficiently and effectively by answering the easiest questions first and then coming back to the more difficult questions later.
- Stay calm and focused. The Wonderlic test is timed, so stay calm and focused during the test. If you start to feel stressed, take a deep breath and remind yourself that you have prepared.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Make sure to get a good night’s sleep the night before the test to feel refreshed and alert during the test.
- Read the instructions carefully. Understand what is being asked of you before answering the question.
- Review your math skills. Basic math skills are required for a lot of the questions, so make sure you are comfortable with addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Use your time wisely. Manage your time effectively and make sure you complete the test before time runs out.
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of acing the Wonderlic test and moving closer to achieving your goal of becoming a nurse. Keep in mind that this test is just one part of the nursing application process, and your overall qualifications and experience will also be considered.